It is one of the best ways to prevent or reduce the risk of international express delivery to transfer the risk in advance. In the daily international express business is favored by customers. However, not every customer can understand the insurance claim process of international express delivery when there is a real loss, and they don't know what documents need to be provided, and events that can't be compensated smoothly happen from time to time. Based on years of experience in international express insurance premium claim, Dongguan Yihang international express will introduce in detail the process of international express insurance premium claim and the way to provide documents and insurance company's claims
1. There are two situations when international express insurance claims are filed:
1. If it is necessary to make a claim for loss of export goods, the opposite party (importer) shall make a claim application to the foreign claim settlement agent specified in the insurance policy. Major insurance companies in major ports and cities all over the world have two organizations, i.e. entrusted foreign inspection agent and claim settlement agent. The former is responsible for inspection of cargo loss. After receiving the inspection report, the consignee shall attach other documents and claim for compensation from the issuing company. The latter can directly handle the compensation case and pay the compensation on the spot within a certain amount authorized.
The importer shall provide the following documents at the same time when making a claim to our foreign claim settlement agent:
(1) original of insurance policy or insurance certificate;
(2) contract of carriage;
(4) packing list;
(5) letters, telegrams or other documents requesting compensation from the carrier or other third party liable parties, as well as documents proving that the insured has fulfilled the required recovery procedures;
(6) inspection reports issued by foreign insurance agents or foreign third-party notaries;
(7) Maritime report. The loss of goods caused by maritime affairs shall generally be compensated by the insurance company, and the ship shall not be liable;
(8) certificate of damage and shortage;
(9) claim list; etc.
2. If it is necessary to make a claim for the loss of imported goods, the importer of our country shall make a claim to the insurance company. When the imported goods arrive at our port, airport or the mainland and are found to be damaged or in short supply, the local insurance company shall be informed immediately and the inspection shall be carried out jointly with the local state commodity inspection department. If it is determined that the loss belongs to the scope of insurance liability, the local insurance company shall issue the inspection report on import goods' defects. At the same time, as long as the consignee completes the procedure of recovery from the above responsible party, the insurance company will make compensation for the cargo damage accident caused by the foreign consignor, carrier, port authority, railway or other third party.
When international express insurance claims, the consignee of imported goods shall submit the following documents to the insurance company:
(1) import invoice;
(2) Bill of lading or notice of arrival and waybill of import and export goods;
(3) unloading record and weight list at the final destination.
(4) if the loss involves the shipper's responsibility, an order contract shall be provided. If there is shipper's guarantee and ship's comments, they should also be provided together.
(5) if the loss involves the ship's liability, the tally visa of the unloading port shall be provided. If there is ship's notation, it shall also be provided.
(6) where the responsibility of the consignor or the shipowner is involved, the certificate shall be identified and issued by the State commodity inspection department.
(7) if the loss involves port handling and inland inland river or railway transporter's responsibility, the freight record (business record) and joint inspection report issued by the responsible party shall be provided.
The ways for the consignee to claim for the insured value of international express delivery: claim for the loss of imported goods by sea to the insurance company at the port of discharge; claim for the loss of imported goods by air to the insurance company at the destination indicated on the international waybill; claim for the loss of imported goods by post to the insurance company at the destination indicated on the international parcel bill; claim for the loss of imported goods by land to the insurance company at the destination indicated on the international railway waybill Our local insurance company claims.
II. The responsibility of examining and approving the insurance premium claim of international express delivery shall be compensated. After the insured completes the above claim procedures and provides complete documents, he can wait for the insurance company to examine and approve the liability and pay the compensation.
There are two ways of indemnity for insurance companies:
(1) direct compensation to the receiving unit;
(2) the compensation shall be paid to the relevant foreign trade companies in a centralized manner, and then the foreign trade companies shall settle accounts with the ordering units.
Introduction of international express insurance premium claim hope customers can understand the process of international express insurance premium claim, the documents provided for claim, the way of claim payment and the precautions in claim payment. Let you get the most reasonable compensation in the fastest way on the way of international express insurance claim.